 Robotics / 27220
27219  |  27221
Subject:
RISbotics Nominated for Eindhoven's Pride Award - they need your votes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:59:08 GMT

Hi all!

The First Lego League team in Eindhoven, called RISbotics (www.risbotics.nl),
has been nominated for the prestigious "Eindhoven's Pride" award.

Eindhoven is one of the major cities in the Netherlands, and a major centre of
engineering, industrial design, sports, and technical universities.
"Eindhovens Trots" (Eindhoven's Pride) is an annual award, initiated by the city
council, and the winner is chosen by the public.

RISbotics has to compete with 4 very big and well known contestants who will
generate loads of votes.
Last year's winner was a well known soccer team (PSV).
So, RISbotics, the underdog in this contest, needs your votes!

I think, we fellow LEGO fans have to help these kids out, and make them win the
award! So, please go over to the voting page and make a difference :-D !

RISbotics is asking everyone to vote for them, which you can do by going to the
voting website. http://www.eindhovenstrots.nl/nomineren.htm
Select "RISBotics", enter your name (naam) and email, and click "stem" (which is
the Dutch word for vote).

They estimate that they need about 10,000 votes to win, so let's give them some
support!

Thanks a million!

Saskia van Doesburg
www.lowlug.nl

PS, I can tell you, from a very reliable source, that your email address will
not be used for anything else than this contest, but votes that do not have an
emailadress will not be counted.