 Robotics / 26568
Re: NXT trike
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:49:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris Phillips wrote:

But if you activated the ultrasonic sensor, it would probably tell the NXT
"watch out, there's a BIG TIRE right in front of us!!!"

Ha ha, that is a valid point.  I don't THINK it will be a problem (there I go,
thinking again),  The angle of the pictures makes it a little questionable, but
if I remember the specs I saw on the US sensor, I don't think the area of
sensitivity in the vertical plane spreads out quickly enough to "see" the tire.
At some point, I'll test the theory.

John