 Robotics / 26377
26376  |  26378
Subject:
Yet another new BricxCC test release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:15:40 GMT

Since I last posted, I have finished (?) the implementation of Templates for all
the supported programming languages in BricxCC.  Templates for each language are
stored in separate <Language Name>_templates.txt files in the Default
sub-directory (e.g., NQC_templates.txt, Next Byte Codes_templates.txt, or Object
Pascal_templates.txt).

To properly load these "default" templates you will need to click the "Default"
button on the Templates tab of the Preferences dialog.  You can edit your
templates using a syntax-highlighting editor or via the Insert, Change, and
Delete buttons (as BricxCC has traditionally supported editing templates).
There are now two more buttons on the Templates tab for saving and loading
templates to an external file.

When you switch editor windows the dockable templates window is rebuilt so that
it shows templates appropriate for whichever programming language is active
(based on the file extension of the file in the active editor window).  Did I
mention before that if you enable the "Double Click to insert" templates option
(right click on the templates window to see the menu option) then you can do
"drag-and-drop" block-based programming in BricxCC?

I would like to ask for assistance in populating useful values in the various
default template files.  At present nearly all of them are basically empty.  I
will try to fill them all up on my own but it would be great if someone (or
multiple someones) offered to help out.  It might free up some of my time to
work on NQC for the NXT. :-)

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/test_release.zip

There will be a new official release within the next week or so (i.e., once I
get the new NXT Explorer tool finished).

John Hansen