 Robotics / 26176
  Re: Have you got your NXT yet?

(...) One very big caveat about this - at the end of the installer process on a Mac it runs chmod -R 777 on the contents of the folder installed into. Thus, every single thing in your Applications directory (and all subdirectories, including (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Have you got your NXT yet?

(...) Ye gods! Those are some huge bugs. Is there any way to report them to Lego or NI? (Guess I spoke too soon about good Mac support.) I'm repairing permissons now, and I've fixed up my uninstaller shell script. But this is a big problem that (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Have you got your NXT yet?

(...) I sent this to Lego Tech Support: ((URL) is a serious bug in the Lego Mindstorms NXT software for Macintosh. At the end of the installation process, the software runs "chmod -R 777" on the contents of the folder into which you have decided to (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics)