 Robotics / 25762
Re: Request for info on the Control Lab Interface.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 04:09:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Gary Tabener wrote:
I have just got my hands on a Control Lab Interface, sadly with no pc
connection cable and no software, and I am kindly asking for some help
please.

Firstly would anyone be able to tell me the connections between the 9 pin
connector on the back and a pc (be it 9 or 25 pin serial)?

Secondly, I know I will have to purchase the software from a Dacta supplier
(who would you recomend in the UK) but could anyone guide me to any useful
sites with hints and tips on operation and programming?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Gaz.
I had the same problem I bought the interface for 295.00 I think. Then another
18.00 for the cable (a generic one doesn’t work neither does the mindstorm one )
& 69.00 For Robolab 2.5. I got everything working but I didn’t like it’s
performance. It had a noticeable pause after every command.  So I’m probably
going to try to sell or trade it.
I bought at
http://www.legoeducation.com/store/
9751 interface
9768 cable
Mindstorms for schools cd-rom

I also found
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=9751

Hay You’re in luck they don’t have the interface but they have the cable

Search for: Control lab
LEGO Serial Cable for PC (W979768)
Or
LEGO Serial Cable for Mac (W979769)

Or follow link  and go to the second page

http://www.legoeducation.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=control%20lab&searchtype=0&sport=3&by=20

HTH

If anyone is interested I would let the system go including software for 235.00
us
Or 200.00 if you don’t need the AC Adapter (W979833)
Everything is like new and I have the original box, manual & Documentation
I can e-mail a picture upon request

e-mail Chris at
daniel_family2000@yahoo.com
Chris