 Robotics / 25075
Re: pwering the NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:25:14 GMT

danny staple wrote:
I like the idea of the possibility that the NXT could be powered
through the USB port.
I consider that unlikely because of the power requirements of the Motors
and the NXT unit. I don't know how much the new motors pull, but the
"old" motors took 250mA @ 9V under load. According to the USB specs, the
port should provide 500mA @ 5V. Most USB port actually fail to provide
this power level, so 300mA @ 5V is a better bet.

So, A USB powered NXT would mean: NO MOTORS - PERIOD ;-)

Hey, and that would be boring, wouldn't it?

Yours, Christian