 Robotics / 25031
Re: mindstorms NXT and memory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:14:19 GMT

   Another possibility for the grinder bunch is seeing if the onboard flash chip can be
SMT desoldered and replaced with a larger capacity model with the same pinout.

   I'm assuming there will be various third-party OSes to run on NXT pretty quickly, so
even if the onboard NXT OS can't be persuaded to recognize the expanded flash, other OSes
might.

   The same goes for modding the USB controller, and possibly the onboard RAM. We'll just
have to wait and see what we're given, and what we can do with it.

--
      Chris 'Xenon' Hanson | Xenon @ 3D Nature | http://www.3DNature.com/
  "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs,