 Robotics / 25029
    Re: mindstorms NXT and memory —Alexander Sack
   (...) Kevin, does that have to be true though? I'm wondering if a better strategy would have been to sell the NXT Core kit at a slight loss but try to make it up on expansion sets? (sort of like the game console market) Give the NXT more (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: mindstorms NXT and memory —Steve Bliss
   (...) I doubt it -- for game consoles, the computer is useless without the 'expansion sets'. For Mindstorms, most consumers will be happy with the basic product; expansion sets are add-ons, not required purchases. I don't see a way to transform (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: mindstorms NXT and memory —Alexander Sack
   (...) That's a really good point. I suspect LEGO feels that the basic, core set should cover all the bases to make access to Mindstorms/NXT easier for kids and their parents. Though there still maybe avenues in the future to offer a more advanced (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)