 Robotics / 24986
Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 00:04:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Juergen Stuber wrote:

I hope the NXT is at least a little
bit faster (hopefully, 10x).

On the RCX Lejos is about that much faster than the standard
firmware, and we have 1ms timer resolution.

   Yes. And the Swan firmware is about that much faster, with a lot of added
things as well, and I can still essentially use all my NQC code and tricks.
BrickOS is much faster, etc. I guess my point was that I hope the NXT is faster
out-of-the-box (i.e.- before we all start attacking it with screwdrivers,
soldering guns, and wholesale firmware replacement) and with the LEGO standard
operating system. That way I can start playing right away.

I'd love it if some bitwise operators were availible

You also get those in Lejos, and compared to NQC it can access
more memory.

   Yes, but I don't want to wait for a port of Lejos (or even NQC, which I'm
much more at home with). Here's wishing that LEGO is on top of this at the
release date. I *know* we'll add to the product, I'm just hoping for as high an
inital standard as possible.

--
Brian Davis