 Robotics / 24965
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 17:56:07 GMT

I am not very familiar with the NXT platform but as it sounds now could you
possibly plug a USB Flash memory stick into the USB port (or connector) on
the NXT and use it for data storage?

- John

Some flash is nice but 64K RAM is just too little.  We can forget about
doing
voice processing.

64K RAM!? That's absolutely ludicrous! The RCX has 32kb entirely of
programmable memory (if I remember correctly), and that is just alright.
64kb is not much space to work in at all in this era!

Anyway, a dot-matrix display is nice, as is Bluetooth (especially as it
can communicate between robots), and should be significantly more
reliable than Infrared (albeit probably more power hungry).

William.