 Robotics / 24934
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 00:52:41 GMT

On 1/5/06, Brian Davis wrote:

   I doubt it will be completely abandoned. After all, the first thing I want
   is
to kludge a way to interface a NXT with and RCX, and use all my existing
stuff.
Even if LEGO makes it completely non-backwards-compatible, that doesn't mean
we
(AFOLs) will let it stay that way! Second, I wonder if this means FLL will try
to switch. If so, great for the new product... if not, there will be at least
some continued support.

I threw my name in as one of the 100 early testers (who here hasn't :)
and one of the questions was on FLL involvement, and a willingness to
write FLL documentation.

That leads me to think that they are definitely considering extending
the NXT to the FLL, though what that means to the schools with a large
investment already, I don't really know.

-Rob A>