 Robotics / 24815
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:01:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris 'Xenon' Hanson <xenon@3dnature.com> wrote:
Ports 1,2,3 and A,B,C might all be identical, really.

I will speculate with you here.  If I was a betting man, I would bet that they
just made 3 of them "motor" ports because of power limitations.

I highly doubt they used USB.  Of course, you could always plop a usb hub into
that port and make your own usb extensions...

NXT is much more in the class of a real robot than RCX was.
RCX was impressive for it's time, but NXT is the robot for today.

Most importantly its a better toy.  Could this be the Bluetooth "killer app"?
hehe.

Matthew Ruschmann
http://superpositioned.com