 Robotics / 24788
  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) RJ11, yes. But not standard type: if you look closely the cable retainer is uncentered... Philo (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

You're right... But if the other dimensions are still within close range of those of a RJ11, I guess roll-your-own connectors can 't be that hard... Regards, Simon ----- Original Message ----- From: "Philippe Hurbain" (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) Actually the offcenter connector has a name already. If I recall correctly it was RJ-12. 6 wires, off center. I think DEC used them on keyboards and serial ports on VT-xx0 terminals a long time ago. I'm pretty sure they can still be found. (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

Hi Philippe, (...) we have uncentered RJ11 on DSL splitters here in Germany. But I never saw them other than on the end of a special cable, and they won't fit into my crimp tool. Cheers Jürgen (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) I am sure that safety was the reason. But I checked out the old DEC connectors and I think they were polarized to the opposite side! grrrrrr JB (18 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) Yes, quite easily! but... (...) ...from connectors drawings and LEGO images, I think that John is right. grrrr! I scoured AMP online catalog - phew :P - and found nothing with the latch on the right side. Standard RJ connector with filed (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) Yes, I plan on trying that. Since the connectors fit flush into the receptacle, a simple structure of half wide beams may be able to be placed in such a way as to hold the connectors in place. JB (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) Well, if LEGO is encouraging third party involvement, then I would assume they wouldn't mind releasing information on how to get these connectors (reverse MMJ?). -Rob www.brickmodder.net (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) I read this on (URL) : ---...--- Raphael Jacquot Says: January 6th, 2006 at 4:03 pm. Those connectors are in fact strandard. they are the DEC 6c (similar to RJ-12 with offset catch) for instance, available here: (URL) it comes up right, the (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) It just dawned on me, and I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet but… It would be simple to take the LEGO connectors and attach a standard socket to it (such as RJ11) thus making an adaptor so standard plugs could be used in making custom (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) Well, the press-kit renderings show the motors have sockets. The only shot I could find of the back of a sensor is an un-connected touch(?) sensor on the Tribot. It's pointed toward the floor, underneath another touch sensor mounted below the (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)