 Robotics / 24769
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 05:53:35 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Lee Magpili wrote:
   check out www.mindstorms.com/press

lego just put out a press release all about the NeXT version of mindstorms, they put a whole spec out on it..

heres a bit from the article explaining the specs

LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT highlights include:

• All-new NXT intelligent brick • 3 interactive servo motors feature inbuilt rotation sensors to align speed for precise control • New ultrasonic sensor makes robots “see” by responding to movement • New sound sensor enables robots to react to sound commands, including sound pattern and tone recognition • Improved light sensor detects different colors and light intensity • Improved touch sensor reacts to touch or release and allows robots to feel • 519 hand-selected, stylized elements from the LEGO TECHNIC® building system ensure robot creations will be sturdy and durable while also looking authentic • Opportunities for physical programming of robots and interaction with robots during programming • 18 building challenges with clear, step-by-step instructions help acclimate users to the new system to create robots ranging from humanoids and machinery to animals and vehicles • Digital wire interface allows for third-party developments • Information, inspiration, news, community programs and more at www.mindstorms.com

whaaa!!

Wow! I’m not sure of what to say. It looks like they decided to start using phone cord for wire, which is actually a good idea I think. I’m a little disappointed in the over stylization though. What ever happened to good old fashioned studded bricks? Ondrew