 Robotics / 2468
RE: So why build robots out of LEGO in the first place?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 12:14:32 GMT

Just a question,

Where an inmature lego follower can find the Lego Purity Commandments? I am
a kind of new in this _religion_, but I hardly try not to be a sinner.

Thanks for the Light in the Darkness,

David

-----Mensaje original-----
De: news@lugnet.com [mailto:news@lugnet.com]En nombre de Linc Smith
Enviado el: Miércoles 6 de Enero de 1999 10:10 PM
Para: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Asunto: Re: So why build robots out of LEGO in the first place?

Mark Tarrabain wrote
I have made the following personal observations about LEGO, and why it is • my
medium of choice for robot building.

<snip... a number of good reasons with which I agree (except for the
Popsicle sticks and rubber-bands... good-god Man! have you gone _mad_? :)
(1)

   Moving back to a subject more in line with the original • subject of this
thread, in my original post, I was not so much lamenting the
limitations of
the
RCX itself (well, maybe a little... but that wasn't the point I was • actually
trying to make).  Rather, I was primarily expressing frustration over the • lack
of viable options in the way of a robust microcontroller board that fully
integrates with LEGO in the same way that makes LEGO so much fun to work • with in
the first place.

Ahhh! Soooo, It is not so much lamenting the RCX, but rather lamenting a
more robust microcontroller's (which ever one you care to choose) lack of
Lego-ness. ;)

Makes sense!

I fell my earlier rambling still has merit, but perhaps your original post
should not have be referenced as it's impetus.

1.  My <tongue-in-cheek> comments on Lego Purity should be taken with a
grain of salt, as it is appearing more and more like I may be dancing with
the Radio Shack devil sooner than later.  Oh well, you can't have
a religion
without sinners ;)

LINC