 Robotics / 2503
RE: So why build robots out of LEGO in the first place?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 19:51:13 GMT

"Excusatio non petita, acusatio manifesta" (A not requested 'sorry' is like
a true 'my fault').

We are not speaking about use pecils (in a Lego structure) or cartridge (in
another Lego structure). This is much more religious stuff than that.

Join the light(-sensor) and follow the true path(finder).

David

-----Mensaje original-----
De: news@lugnet.com [mailto:news@lugnet.com]En nombre de Mark Tarrabain
Enviado el: Jueves 7 de Enero de 1999 04:24 PM
Para: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Asunto: Re: So why build robots out of LEGO in the first place?

Geeze... all this because I mentioned popsicle sticks and rubber bands???

Actually, I've never had occasion to use a popsicle stick in any
model, I was
just trying to make a point.   I have used rubber bands,
though...  and I have
used pens or pencils for models that are intended to draw
something on paper
("intended"  being the operative word, more times than not...
<sheepish grin>)
Hmmm.... now that I think of it, what would be involved in making
a unit that
used an inkjet cartridge to draw with...? (ponder, ponder, ponder...)

Anyways... "am I mad?" as Linc put it?  Well, perhaps.  In all
honesty though,
the *only* reason that I don't bother with Megablox is that they
don't have any
Technic-like pieces.  (I'm such a heathen... I know. :)

Mark