 Robotics / 23903
Re: Directly connecting a digital camera module to the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:42:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Claude Baumann wrote:
We started a new ambitious project. And this time, we are not certain that we
will succeed. So, any help is welcome.

http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RoboticsIntro.htm
http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RCXCam/RCXCam_Journal.htm

Philo, Stef, Ralph ... this is a call for help. We want to implement a simple
I2C bus to have at least 50kHz that we need to access our camera module.

- Claude

Hello Claude,

What about this one?
http://mindsensors.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33

There was also an RCX to I2C implementation a while ago in Elektor. If you want
I can find it again...

Philo

In lugnet.robotics, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Claude Baumann wrote:
We started a new ambitious project. And this time, we are not certain that we
will succeed. So, any help is welcome.

http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RoboticsIntro.htm
http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RCXCam/RCXCam_Journal.htm

Philo, Stef, Ralph ... this is a call for help. We want to implement a simple
I2C bus to have at least 50kHz that we need to access our camera module.

- Claude

Hello Claude,

What about this one?
http://mindsensors.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33

There was also an RCX to I2C implementation a while ago in Elektor. If you want
I can find it again...

Philo

Hi Philo,

Merci beaucoup. I know this Elektor project (4/2002 German edition). Very well
made! But, as I understand it, the communication speed might be too slow.
However I'm not sure about this, because changing camera settings does only
require a few bytes transmission. I don't know if there is a lower limit for
I2C-comm with C3088. The upper limit is 400kHz.

Note that we can reconfigure the whole H8 to have digital instead of analog
inputs. And use the Port6 bits 0..2 to give us a High output state at low
impedance. The problem is to find a way to set a clear output Low state. (The
unpowered input port is at 10kOhm, which should be sufficient.) Hmmm.

Is there anyone who has experience with the Elektor circuit? What are the speed
limits?

The mindsensor.com one could be a good idea. Does anyone know more about the
speed? Or did I miss something?

Re: Directly connecting a digital camera module to the RCX