 Robotics / 23487
Re: Color Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:14:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Lane wrote:
Could you elaborate on "with a controlled light source".

The spectrum of the light reflecting off something is a function of the original
light spectrum and the color of the object.  You need to control the light
because different light sources have their own color spectrum.  For example if
you calibrated the sorter with sunlight it might not work very well under
incandescent light.  I used a portable fluorescent light for my experiments.  It
seemed to give the most stable spectrum and wasn't dominated by infrared like an
incandenscent light.