 Robotics / 22182
Re: LEGO Tower API and Filenames
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:22:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ralph Hempel wrote:
All,

I've been messing with the tower API and have discovered
what I think is an error in the docs...

Fisrt off, the API help file tells us to open

  "\.\LEGOTOWERx"

In fact, the file name must look like this:

  "\\.\LEGOTOWERx"

Even worse, the filename actually only works on Win2K, WinNT,
and WinXP. Win98 and WinME won't open this filename at all
as they think you are looking for a UNC mapped path.

Can anyone else confirm these observations?

Ralph

Right with \\.\...., but at least with Win98SE the port is correctly found.
Great to here you Ralph.