 Robotics / 22075
Re: vision command/macintosh question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:24:11 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Richard Heyman <heymanr@mrs.umn.edu> wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to this list. I was just wondering if anyone out there knows if
there is a mac version of the vision command image recognition software?
I'm running robolab and wanted to add the camera. Or is it possible to use
robolab itself with a non-mindstorms camera?

Thanks, Rich

Hi. I don't know anything about the mac questions, but assuming this question is
actually related to the competition which I announced (and which your post was
only use Lego elements. So if you were going to use a camera, it would have to
be one that Lego made. Unfortunately for the camera to be useful it has to be
hooked up to a computer. As Lego doesn't make computers, (especially not macs,
that would be Apple), this would be a non-Lego element, and you wouldn't be able
to use it in your robot.

Perhaps if this question is just a general question about macs, vision command,
and/or robolab, you can repost it as a new question in the robotics group,
possibly in the robotics.vc (vision command) group. You're more likely to get an
answer there about this product.

Hope that helps.

--
  David Schilling