 Robotics / 17028
RE: Ants, grasshoppers and "America"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:52:36 GMT

Well, I only have one thing to say. I have as many complaints with the
US as the rest of you, BUT, to borrow from Richard Feynman, don't bother
to criticize if you don't have an alternative solution to offer. Do
something, don't sit around and talk about how bad things are, do
something about them!

Sean Watson
SeanWatson@ec.rr.com
http://www.campuscomputerexperts.com/seanwatson/

"Your focus determines your reality..." - Qui-Gon Jinn

-----Original Message-----
From: TBruceNYC@aol.com [mailto:TBruceNYC@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 3:34 PM
To: nomad@celabs.com; rudies2piecesuit@hotmail.com; hallber1@msu.edu;
KatzMeowX5@aol.com; lego-robotics@crynwr.com; papillons4@aol.com;
SABBATE1@tampabay.rr.com; TBruceNYC@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ants, grasshoppers and "America"

Americans?
    Americans would have to live in America.
But the America I remember is gone.
The one that helped Europe and Japan up out of the rubble of W.W.II. The
big Dam projects. The interstate Highway system, communication,
electrification, stuff that set an example for the rest of the world.
The one that promised a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage,
and
people were
really willing to work for this.
When George Washington refused to be king.
The idea of the three branches of government.
A real effort, at avoiding, "abuse of power."
    And what's left after Me, Me, 80's, the corporate greed and the
lobbyists. Global multinational corporate greed.
Windshield wiper blades are made in Mexico in inferior conditions, and
people
in
Pennsylvania are unemployed. People have to work for $5.50 an hour, and
if they don't want the job there's an illegal,  immigrant to take it as
the
government turns a blind eye.
A short memory span for the all the stuff our government has done
overseas
that
embarrasses and appalls most of the people of America, nurturing
questionable
characters when it serves our interest: Terrorists Tyrants, drug
dealers,
mobsters,
like when, Bush was in the CIA and helped create Bin Laden.
And All that's left is, corporate greed, big oil, big banking, and the
military industrial complex.