 Robotics / 17015
  Re: Precise turns of any angle! -- Rotation Sensor Information

Hi, I did the rotation sensor fix for leJOS. In the course of that I did a lot of tests and analysed the ROM code, so I know a bit about this. (...) You must have been very lucky. (...) Yes, that's right for the LEGO firmware. For legOS/leJOS it's (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Precise turns of any angle! -- Rotation Sensor Information

(...) Excellent! Someone who *knows*! (...) I guess so. You kinda have to hope that Lego designed the sensor to work when directly connected to a motor though - they surely imagine that this will be the most common use for 'naive' users. (...) OK - (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Precise turns of any angle! -- Rotation Sensor Information

(...) Yes. Actually it's two step, the A/D interrupt sets a flag and a routine in the firmware checks the flag periodically and does the processing, most of it being calling the ROM routine. (...) No. You can read height in the diagram as voltage, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Rotation Sensor Information

I agree this is the heart of the problem... I made a small experiment and saw strange things on my scope. Has anyone already open a Lego rotation sensor ? I'd like to have a look to internal photographs and/or see a circuit diagram. I tried to open (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Precise turns of any angle! -- Rotation Sensor Information

(...) In 'The LEGO Lugger', previously posted at (URL) the extended drive shafts for both sides of a tracked vehicle, moving in opposite directions, are summed in a differential with the difference (hopefully zero)fed to the rotation sensor. Because (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Precise turns of any angle! -- Rotation Sensor Information

(...) I believe that in this case, you should use a light sensor looking at a wheel that's white with a black line marked on it. The software for reading this is identical to what you would use for line following (a very well researched topic!) - (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)