 Robotics / 16549
Re: Killer Mindstorms book?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.books
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:20:00 GMT

"Thomas Hoeg-Jensen & Helle Ulsteen" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in
message news:004c01c1714a$02485d20$0201a8c0@wol.dk...
I have tried to order the Killer Mindstorms Robots book by Gordon McComb
for some time,
only to get the order cancelled several times (both Amazon and B&N).
Now it appears that Amazon has it - but only via a reseller that will not
ship internationally.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071370404/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/107-7221626
-7844560

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
Several cancellations of the book ... Amazon only selling via a reseller ...
weird ...
Could it be that the title/subject creates problems re: September 11?
It seems far out, but then again, Lego did cancel a set ...

I've contacted McGraw-Hill and they've cancelled the book, so that would be
why your orders have been cancelled. Strange that both Amazon and B&N have
not been able to tell you this - took me all of 2 mins to ring McGraw-Hill
and ask them. And now for the plug - if you have hassle with Amazon, or
anyone other bookseller, try Computer Manuals
(http://computer-manuals.co.uk/); if the book you want isn't listed just
click the Callback link to have us ring you free of charge, anywhere in the
World, and we'll track down the book and see if we can order it.

Dan