 Robotics / 15787
15786  |  15788
Subject:
Rotational -> linear motion pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:14:42 GMT

Hello,
I was recently at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago and in the
green stairwell they have a display of mechanisms that modify rotational
movement. I took pics of them all and I thought folks might like to see them.
There are descriptions with each, but I couldn't get them in the picture very
well. I hope they inspire somebody as much as they did me!

http://home.austin.rr.com/thehiding/mechanisms.html

Elijah

P.S. they have a Mindstorms workshop you can do there, about 40 minutes long,
but I skipped it as there was too much else to see. What an amazing place,
it's worth it's own 2-day vacation to Chicago. Add another day or two to
swing over to the Field Museum (home of Sue the T-Rex). For any dinosaur fans
out there I was hoping to see the Jobaria Tigedensis mounts that Paul Sereno
did, but they weren't anywhere that I could find.