 Robotics / 14939
Re: Advanced Control strategies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:13:52 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mauro Roisenberg <mauro@inf.ufsc.br> writes:
We are trying to implement advanced control strategies in RCX robots, as
neural networks and fuzzy logic. But I think the NQC don't has what we
need, as arrays (memory allocation) and aritmetic functions (sigmoid logist
for example). Does any one had faced the same problem? What language we can
use? Where to find free software?

Lack of floating point support could also be a bit of a problem.  You could
try legOS.  I think you have about 32k available for programs, and there are
very few restrictions.

You could also do all the hard work on a PC.  It's pretty easy to implement
"real time" communication between the PC and the RCX.  It would definately
be easier to debug such a program.