 Robotics / 10773
Re: Exploration Mars Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:29:07 GMT

At 13:34 21-02-2000 -0800, John A. Hern Jr wrote:
Marco C. wrote:
Try http://www.x10.com for a wireless color (with microfone) tiny Cam for
less than $88 (I don't remember the current price...)

Well, this is really cool, now how do we get it to interface with the
RCX on the Lego unit?  Or, any CPU, for that matter?

Wow, a robot that could make decisions based on what it could "see",
rather than a light seeker...

Well, the interface's easy: The PC "sees" with a robotic vision software,
and sends the action op-codes to the RCX. The video crunching and the upper
level of action logic is on the PC side, and the lower level of action
logic could be on the RCX's side, with simple reaction logic to the sensors
for minimal physical protection of the bot.

Examples of robotic vision software:
  (hopefully) the new LEGO Mindstorms Vision Command System....
  Pong Suvan's apps/lib (http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/psksvp/)
  HALCON 5.2 (http://www.mvtec.com/)

more on:
  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/cil/ftp/html/vision.html

To see what we've discussed about this, go to
http://www.lugnet.com/robotics and search the thread with the subject
"Robotic Vision".
Marco C. aka McViper