 Publishing / Brick Journal / 251

Subject:
Getting BrickJournal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:02:22 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

Happy New Year1

BrickJournal is heading to print and will be available at newsstands that get delivery from Ingram Distribution. This is the time to notify your newsstands or bookstores to order an issue. If you are international, you may be able to get BrickJournal (especially if it’s serviced by Ingram).

BrickJournal is also distributed by Diamond Comics Distribution, so if you buy books from a comic store, you can may be able to pick up a copy there.

Later,

Joe

Re: Getting BrickJournal
lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 14:12:11 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Joe Meno wrote:
   Hi all,

Happy New Year1

BrickJournal is heading to print and will be available at newsstands that get delivery from Ingram Distribution. This is the time to notify your newsstands or bookstores to order an issue. If you are international, you may be able to get BrickJournal (especially if it’s serviced by Ingram).

BrickJournal is also distributed by Diamond Comics Distribution, so if you buy books from a comic store, you can may be able to pick up a copy there.

Later,

Joe

Joe:

The TwoMorrows website is not currently working. Is there any way to order a mail subscription other than through their site?

Thanks, Dave

Re: Getting BrickJournal
lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:27:08 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Dave Sterling wrote:
   In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Joe Meno wrote:

(snip)

   Joe:

The TwoMorrows website is not currently working. Is there any way to order a mail subscription other than through their site?

Thanks, Dave

You can send payment to

TwoMorrows Publishing
10407 Bedfordtown Drive
Raleigh, NC 27614 USA

Subscriptions are:
$32 US postpaid by media mail
$42 US First Class
$50 Canadian
$66 Surface International
$78 Airmail International

I sent a note to TwoMorrows about the website, although I suspect that they have gotten a few notes already.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Getting BrickJournal
lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 14:25:45 GMT

Has anyone actually managed to download the issue 9 pdf? I have been trying for ages and keep getting error messages.

I would be very grateful if someone could post a working link to the last free issue of the magazine.

cheers Tara

Re: Getting BrickJournal
lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 20:59:24 GMT

[...]

You probably know but the site (twomorrows.com) is still down. I have to say it doesn’t give one much faith in the publisher to have the site unavailable for days. I would like to order BrickJournal but I don’t just want to send a check into the unknown. Can you (or TwoMorrows) provide us with an updated status? They were able to email us to request that we order the Journal, so they should have our info if we downloaded an earlier issue.

Thanks and good luck with the magazine,

Roy

Re: Getting BrickJournal
lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 02:29:38 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Roy Gal wrote:
[...]

I agree with this sentiment. I even emailed John and TwoMorrows a couple days ago and have not got a response. I have a hard time sending them my money when they don’t even respond to emails.

-Dave

Re: Getting BrickJournal
lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general
In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Joe Meno wrote:
   Hi all,

Happy New Year1

BrickJournal is heading to print and will be available at newsstands that get delivery from Ingram Distribution. This is the time to notify your newsstands or bookstores to order an issue. If you are international, you may be able to get BrickJournal (especially if it’s serviced by Ingram).

BrickJournal is also distributed by Diamond Comics Distribution, so if you buy books from a comic store, you can may be able to pick up a copy there.

Later,

Joe

An update on the TwoMorrows website...

As of 8:37 am CST the site is back up and is taking orders. I just ordered my subscription and paid through PayPal. You can also download Issue 9 for free from the TwoMorrows site. You just have to create an account, add it to your cart, and check out. The issue is free.

-Dave