 Publishing / 4198
Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 16:55:35 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Tim Courtney wrote:
   I’d like to see FTX special characters on message previews stripped. When viewing via the web interface, I see the special characters that create the formatted text.

Previews? Like when you’re posting? That preview? Or do you mean the brief abstract article displays?

   The brief message previews should be all plain text with those characters stripped out.

Mmmm, good idea.

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) My main concern is the extra time it takes to download messages containing in-line images rather than links to images. This is especially worrisome when using the Entire Thread on One Page or the This Message and its Replies on one Page (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

Hmmm....linking to posts within posts doesn’t seem to work.

What didn’t work? I see the article you linked to. Did it not show up in when you previewed prior to posting?

   Another issue is the Formats Help Page which only links to the FTX QuickStart and not the FTX Guide. People who don’t know about the guide won’t be able to access it and all of the useful information it contains when they’re posting to the web.

The quick-start page has a link to the user guide at the bottom. But I just put another link at the top.

--Todd