 Publishing / 2700
Re: Instruction and Catalog scans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:35:47 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Jonathan Mizner writes:
What I would really like to know is this-does TLC have a hallway filled
with glass cabinets that are in turn filled with one of every Lego set
produced?

I'm almost positive that they don't. Chances are it'd be a huge waste of
space with little appreciation. If they DID have sets in glass cabinets,
etc, I'd imagine that they'd only pick very popular sets as examples of
'Lego throughout the years' or some such.

Don't they have a company museum?

They might have some more extensive records in Legoland Billund, but I doubt
they've got what you're looking for.

If they do, they need to share
it with Brickshelf in order to get a more complete inventory of all sets
produced.  I would be disappointed if Lego doesn't have one.  And what about
the sets that didn't make it to store shelves...

As implied, I don't think they feel it's worth their time. After all, it
wouldn't really produce them enough money (I don't think) to justify the
upkeep of something that extensive. Nor would that many people really take
interest in ALL of it. Sure it's easy nowadays with computer DB's, etc, but
back in the 50's, 60's, 70's, and most of the 80's, it just wouldn't be
practical.

And granted that they're VERY secretive to the point of destroying certain
elements of their toy's creation (I don't know if I'm at liberty to go into
detail or not?), I highly doubt they've got extensive records, and even if
they did, that they'd be willing to share necessarily.

DaveE