 Pirates / 753
  Why did they quit making shooting cannons in the US?

Does anyone know why they quit distributing the shooting (spring action) cannons in the US? They were really pretty slick, and had a great range. Those little babies would shoot 4 feet easy. I lucked out and have about eight. But i have close to 10 (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why did they quit making shooting cannons in the US?

(...) In the late 70's, there was a paranoia against any toy that fired projectiles in the US, which came fom incidents revolving around the Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider toys, which shot little missles that got lodged in (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why did they quit making shooting cannons in the US?

Ah, that explains why, after collecting all five lions to make my Voltron, I saw a foreign import version which had little missile launchers that popped out all over, but mine didn't. (They were virtually the same toy besides that...my Blue Lion (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why did they quit making shooting cannons in the US?

(...) I remember that era well....I also remember Kenner advertising a limited addition Boba Fett w/ firing missile pack that you had to send away for...I also remember being bummed when I received it w/ no weapon and a missile glued in place... (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why did they quit making shooting cannons in the US?

(...) anything.) Ah! I have GoLion, which was the GoDiakin robot by Bandai that the Lion Voltron was based on. That SOB shot missiles all over the place. It was, in fact, the toy that caused the scales to fall away from my eyes and realise that (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why did they quit making shooting cannons in the US?

(...) Yes, you can take these cannons apart. there are two small holes on each side of the rear of the cannon that you can push a paper clip into to release the clips. dont use a lot of pressure as you might damage the clips inside. I got a black (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why did they quit making shooting cannons in the US?

(...) anything.) (...) Hello Aaron, I do still have it, in the original box too! I love it, I always thaought it was the best. Mine is the imported Japanesse, complete with firing objects, set. It was a Xmas of yesteryear present. And I didn't (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why did they quit making shooting cannons in the US?

(...) Hehe... if you wanna join the name war, check out the .castle "Jeffs, Eri[ck]s and [KC]arl wars... ;-) (...) Good night! -Shiri (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why did they quit making shooting cannons in the US?

(...) I'm aware of them there name wars, I though that I would have few alies. At least I found one (?), but Aarons are generally not warlike unless they have a brother Moses (which I don't). Noting the historic background of the name "Aaron", would (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Fixing non-shooting cannons

I asked a similar question regarding the black plungered cannons awhile ago... I knew someone had described the process. Eureka...I found it = ) Thanks to John Morgan for sharing his experience! John Kanehl (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.pirates)