 Pirates / 453
Re: Expensive Legos!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 05:54:20 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Marcelo H. Sola writes:
Also, prices vary dramatically form one store to another: Fort Legoredo costs
$99 in some stores and $190 in others!

Hey, I'm Argentine!  Pisses me off that at those prices there is little chance
of the average child owning any of these terrific lego sets. And how do you
explain the price variations, Marcelo?

Que Lastima...

-- Richard

Seems the different stores have totally different policies regarding Legos.
Sets begin at more or less similar prices in all stores, but as they become
older, some lower certain prices in order to get rid of the sets. But for some
reason or another pirate ships have never been put on sale in any of the
stores (El Mundo del Juguete, El Pais de las Maravillas, Apioverde). In any
case, whether on sale or not, prices are high. A friend of mine used to work
for Lego Argentina and he told me suggested retail prices were almost half of
what actual prices were :(
The pirate ships I mention (EL Pais de las Maravillas de Galerias Pacifico)
have remained untouched for more than 2 years! I've waited but they still are
at stupidly high prices.

Si, una lastima.... Donde vivis? Crei que era el unico Legofilo de Argentina!

Regards