 Pirates / 451
Re: Expensive Legos!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:46:58 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Marcelo H. Sola wrote:

I live in Buenos Aires and found 2 brand new Caribbean Clippers in a toy
shop. I intend to buy and keep both. The sad part is each costs $135. I'll
try to negotiate a better price as they've been there for many years
untouched together with a couple of even more expensive Black Seas
Barracudas. God, I wish Legos were as cheap here as thay are in the US!!

WTF??? Black seas baracudas still new in a toystore???

WTF??? Caribbean Clippers still new in a toystore???

This is Argentina we're talking about here--not only are they expen$ive as all
get out, most people don't have the money to buy them.  However, I'm surprised
that you found them in Buenos Aires rather than in a smaller city, because I'd
expect that if they sold anywhere it would be in the capital.

best,

Lindsay

I'm not sure if one can find many Legos outside of Buenos Aires here in
Argentina, at least old Legos like BSB. As these are expensive here, sometimes
you can find stores with old stuff they have been unable to sell. Last year I
bought Skulls Eye Schooner and Royal Knight's Castle, but each cost well above
$200 (1 Argentine $ = 1 US dollar). I also got all of the Islander sets and
Renegade Runner. But recently I have seen only some BSBs here and there, Fort
Legoredos, Red Beard Runners, Enchanted Islands, and other Royal Knights,
Exploriens and Wild West sets. Also, prices vary dramatically form one store
to another: Fort Legoredo costs $99 in some stores and $190 in others!

Regards to all!
Marcelo H.