 Pirates / 316
Re: Instore baseplates holder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 19:39:22 GMT

Are you just talking about those blue baseplates?  They're everywhere here.

--

Paul Davidson

Richard Parsons <rparsons@hinet.net.au> wrote in message
Baseplates came up in another thread and it reminded me of a recent • (small)
discovery.

Here in Oz, baseplates (32x32) are normally shelved in a yellow plastic
multi tray unit.  Its got four or five horizontal shelves (kind of like
stacked in trays) which can accommodate, I don't now, a dozen twin • baseplate
packs each.

Being always in need of more sea plates (what it is to be a piratey, eh?
:-), I tend to skim a finger down the stack whenever I pass one of these
units.  Being a bit annoyed about not finding any for a few weeks, I had a
more detailed root around.

This unit has a vertical bay running down the back of the unit.

Obviously its about making sure the unit doesn't get pushed too far back • on
a standard retail shelf.
Lo and behold, two very dusty sea baseplate packs.

I have no idea whether these units are used elsewhere on the planet,
although I doubt TLCs Australian volumes would have supported moulds for
what looks like a pretty custom unit.  You may already have known this. I
didn't and it seemed worth mentioning.

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...