 Pirates / 2201
Re: Telling Tales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 15:40:50 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:
Very cool little scene.  I like the arm-chair especially.  Where did the
zebra-stripe and map-print tiles come from?

"We befriended a troupe of natives on an island near Fiji one year while on
the run from Cook and his bunch of nosy scientists.  They were quite happy
to take our extra trash - barrels, knives, old clothes - and we took home
carved masks, drums, statues, all kinds of curiosities.  There was a drum
topped with that skin, but it got damp during the trip home and rotted out,
so I kept the skin for my tabletop.  Never did figure out what animal it
came from."

"That old chart?  Most captains had them, although they're not nearly as
good as the ones they use now.  That one is of the islands of North and West
Andorra, off the coast of Nepal.  The site of the wreck of the Guerillo is
marked.  Fine ship that was, but not a single survivor, they say..."

(Islander sets and almost all larger Pirate sets, respectively:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4150 , marked "Black Zebra Stripes", and
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3068px9 .)

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective

In lugnet.pirates, Heather Patey writes:
An old sea dog entertains his grandson with stories of his days on the
Spanish Main... some true, some, well, perhaps inaccurately remembered.

Cheers, Heather