 Pirates / 2197
2196  |  2198
Subject:
Regarding the 6285 BSB and 6286 SES
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 22:47:40 GMT

Hello,
Out of curiousity:
I've always noticed more 6285 BSB for sale/auction than the later 6286 SES.
I am wondering if more 6285 were made or perhaps were they more popular to
buy at the time, that so many people seem to have one for sale? Meanwhile
the SES is less offered and usually higher priced. Both models sold for
nearly the same retail amount and are only 30 pieces shy of eachother.
Granted the SES has some neat features (extra sail, working winch and
rutter, etc), lacking in the BSB. But then again, the BSB is the first big
ship, makes a fine display model, nicer color theme (in my opinion) and is
older -- so you'd think it'd be harder to find.