 Pirates / 2021
Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 05:30:18 GMT

    Ooooh.  I'm home.

Sweet! Welcome back!

   The delirium tremens have (has?  deliria tremorum?) finally
   begun to subside now that I'm back in New Jersey, and as you'd
   no doubt guess, my first order of business today (after parking
   permits, digging for money from my Department, and paying my
   rent of course) was to get all of my LEGO out of storage.  With
   the exception of my two mega-giant bins of colored bricks,
   that's now complete--no serious shifts or collapses happened
   in the ten and a half months I was away, and both _Queen_ and
   _Gloire_ were in much the shape I left them.  My two "children"
   are, of course, now happily sitting on the kitchen floor, albeit
   not yet reassembled and remasted.  It took three dedicated
   carloads to get it all back here!  As if to underscore the
   return of the LEGOholic mentality, my first thought was "I
   need a bigger car."

Oh yeah. You've got the bug alright.

   So here's the big question:  What to build?  I have one major
   project planned for Brickfest, but I'd love ideas as to what
   kinds of boats or ships someone who has been away for so long
   ought to start with.  Alternately, I got four island baseplates
   sent to me while I was away, so I can also produce some islands
   or archipelagoes.  With limited time and virtually unlimited
   LEGO, what sort of Piratia would you create?

Well I really am a big Pirate fan. I only had the oldest sets so I'd love to
see a ship on the scale of the BSB. Also, I think it would make for an
awesome layout to build a bunch of little islands and place them to scale
around each other. Like make your own chain of islands. Cool.

   Yeah, I know, that's really broad.  I'm just really happy to
   be back.  REALLY happy.  Now back to building!

Again, welcome back! (this post has actually inspired me a great deal, guess
I'm imagining being away from my lego....course I am away from most of it
but thats another story.)

-Jon