 Pirates / 1791
Re: How to make sales stick?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:00:54 GMT

skaforhire wrote:

Hi all,
This might of been discussed before, if it has please direct me to where. :)

I was wondering if anyone had come up with a good way to place sails on non
traditional ball-sticking-out-of-the-side pieces? I don't have enough of
those original pieces and want to put more sails up. If anyone can help, it
would be a great help! thanks.

If you don't mind having mixed color spars, or want to go with red ones,
there are a bunch of the 1x4 plates with towball on Brickbay:

http://www.brickbay.com/search.asp?t=27&i=3184&p=y&sz=100

Note that the 1x4 plate with rod hooking down is available in red in the
Axe Cart. It is also available in black in several current sets.

White spars would also look decent, though you would need to either have
them studs down (so you can use 1x2 plates with rod hooking up), or have
some black or red mixed in.

If your spars are studs up, you can use the 1x2 plates with rod hooking
up to hold sails. They don't hold quite so well, but work.

Another thing which would work is to have 1x1 tiles w/top clip on the
spars, run a rod through the hole in the sail, and clip the rods to the
spars.

String could also be used (which of course would actually be slightly
more prototypical).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com