 Pirates / 1755
  Green Ship MOC

A while back I made a pirate ship borrowing from 6285 for the rear cabin and from 6286 for the swivalling cannons. Take a look if you want: (URL) sails yet, I still haven't gotten around to buying the fabric. -Jason LMKWYT (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Green Ship MOC

(...) nicely done. But it does look like it needs windows in that sterncastle, admittedly not easy given the colours of window available... The last pair of cannon, I noticed, aren't on swivels. Any story behind that? (...) If you can get green (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Green Ship MOC

(...) Well green windows might be hard to find, but perhaps I could use black 1x4 arch to simpulate them, just no glass (or shutters). Good Idea. This is my first time making a pirate MOC so definitly room to improve. (...) Actually I made this ship (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Green Ship MOC

(...) "Simpulate?" That's one I will *definitely* have to add to my lexicon. (Or was that unintentional? If so, it's still brilliant.) Green window frames are hard to find, save on 6280 (1 per, I think?), but a lot of the pirate ships have used (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Green Ship MOC

(...) In some ways, I've thought about getting rid of the extra step in ship class for the larger 16-wide ships. It's a real bear to get that extra cannon into the ship. One thing that could be done is dispense with the sloping poop deck, then you (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Green Ship MOC

(...) Stands to reason. But could not the larger class still be useful, if only for carrying capacity, speed, and hits to destroy? I'd be interested in hearing what the new difference would be, if any. (...) I'm glad you managed to get a bunch of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Green Ship MOC

(...) I would be inclined to make the only change be that the number of cannon doesn't jump. The hit points and initial crew for a battle game probably do make sense to have the jump. Of course it's a limited issue in some ways the way I will tend (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)