 Pirates / 133
  Re: My fleet is (emphatically not) bigger'n your fleet!

(...) Ahhh heck. You're right. What am I thinking of? Not culverins--those are old bronze art-deco cannon, though they were long...I think that may be the term used to refer to the long-range chasers as well. LFB (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My fleet is (emphatically not) bigger'n your fleet!

(...) the (...) wench. (...) old (...) used (...) Long cannons were simply refered to as long cannons, or long (shot weight). E.G. Long 18s, long 12s, long 9s. Long versions of a shot size were considerably heavier than than non-long version, so (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Phleet Photos Phublished (Was: Re: My fleet is (emphatically not) bigger'n your fleet!)

(...) It was an older style, originally, but I think the term enjoyed something of a new genesis in the 19th century--but in what context, I'm unsure. As for my fleet, well, I have a few things up, now that my old B&W scanner is working again: (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Phleet Photos Phublished

Mr L F Braun wrote (...) is (...) before.) I like it! I like it fine! HMS Indomitable is the finest example of the art that I think I have seen. If anything, I think its enhanced by the B&W. Not only does it reduce the pic to very realistic colours, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Phleet Photos Phublished

(...) Thanks for the kind words--and for mentioning the B&W as a positive. I'd wondered about that possibility (which has the added benefit of offsetting the odd colour scheme of those early ships) of "aging" the photo--if possible I'll try to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Phleet Photos Phublished

Hey all, I've updated the site a bit--added more ships of various sorts, and fixed bad attributions. I've got some good ones of the destroyers coming on Sunday! best LFB. (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)