 People / 4648

Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:54:28 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Molly Friedrich wrote:
Hello Lugnet,

My name is Molly Friedrich.  I was a regular poster a few years ago under my old
name, although things have changed a lot for me and I needed some time to
process everything.

Some may have considered me an innovator in the space and mecha communites.  I
helped to found the NILTC.  I was also known for my Star Wars MOCs, many of
which won awards and I was lucky enough to be able to send a minifigure scale
Sandcrawler MOC to Celebration II by special request of FBTB.

I wanted you guys to know my galleries are back up:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mollyfriedrich

I am not returning to Lego as a hobby just yet.  I simply put my images back
online because I found some small amount of discussion on a Lego fan board
regarding my MOCs being deleted off Brickshelf (specifically the Benevolent
Grace), and the concensus seemed to be that it was unfortunate.  I am sorry, I
honestly didn't think anyone would notice, but the error in judgement is now
fixed.

I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable posting here or building Lego MOCs again but I wanted to let you know I do miss it a little and my partner Vanessa and I attended NWBrickcon last weekend and enjoyed seeing all the wonderful creations.  She is interested in Lego and may eventually pull me into the hobby with her.  Personally... I dunno, I didn't feel welcomed at all by the NWBrickcon by the AFOLs who I recognized there, and honestly I don't really blame you individually that much.  I understand it's probably very hard to "get" if you haven't ever felt what I feel.   All I ask is that you please respect me enough to call me by my real name (the name I am posting under now), and use the correct pronouns if you are going to talk about me.

I just want people to know I had no unusual ulterior motives, and that I am
comfortable now and living a happy life with the love of my life, Vanessa.  I
work at a grocery store in Seattle, and if anyone there knows what I have been
through in my life or has a problem with it, they haven't shown it.

thanks for your time, and happy building!
Molly

Hi Molly,

Thanks for putting all those excellent models back up. I hope you do regain an
interest/acceptance in Lego again and wish you all the best wherever life may
take you.

Tim

Re: My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf