 People / 199
Re: LUGNET Memberships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:38:31 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:

Take your time filling out the form -- there's no rush to get into in queue
-- because the member ID numbers are assigned upon receiving the membership
fee, not upon receiving the completed form.

Todd,

Before I begin, I want to mention that members filling out the form from a
proxy server should add a few extra keystrokes (like spaces) at the end of each
text field, because they get chopped off.  Todd, I actually submitted twice;
the first time shows a lot of chopped remarks, which you can ignore since I
re-sent.

Anyway, it's about time you started reaping a few of the fruits of your labors.
I am only too happy to pay for the services provided by Lugnet.

I would like to mention that much of the info is provided by the users of this
site, efforts that are done for the "good of the cause."  These efforts would
not be possible without this forum, though, so again, I think nominal charges
are not enitirely out of place.

I also know that there are TONS of folks like myself that will be sending you
cash, and hope to see reflections of your newfound bounty in the near future.
I'll let my other fellow members come up with the kinds of things they'd like
to see.

On the other hand, if only a hundred of us dedicated types send in the cash,
then I won't lay any guilt trips about a thousand bucks or so.  Life's too
short, and this site is just too good...

Dave (jot and jab)