 People / 194
Re: LUGNET Memberships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 03:15:24 GMT

In lugnet.people, "Peter Callaway" <pcallaway@bmcl.com.au> writes:
Todd, how do you want to handle international payments? Can you accept cheques
(or should I say checks??) in non US curency (converted appropriately) or
should I organise to get a US cheque or similar to you? Can you accept credit
card payments?

For now, it needs to be a cheque (personal, cashier's, money order, etc.)
drawn on a U.S. bank and written in U.S. Dollars.

(Cash in person is also fine, but if you choose to send cash by post, please
make sure that you understand the risks involved, and please make sure that
it is legal to send cash out of your country if you don’t live in the U.S.)

Someday, maybe credit cards, but not anytime soon.

Someday, maybe also someone from each country could collect payments on
behalf of people there, and then bundle the payments together periodically
to reduce overhead costs, but probably not anytime soon.

--Todd