 Parts / Modification / 113
Re: LEGO and ParLUGment logo flower mosaics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:41:14 GMT

In lugnet.build.mosaic, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Allemann wrote:
   Two new flower mosaics....

snip
   These look really spiffy, even if the painting bit does make me cringe. :-) Spotlighted.

XFUT to lugnet.parts.mod because painting is a kind of mod, isn’t it?

So what kind of paint did you use, and did you have any adhesion problems?

Thanks Larry,

This is the first real ‘mod’ (if indeed painting is considered a mod) that I’ve ever done. I approached it with a bit of trepidation but I deemed it was necessary.

As for the details, here they are....

They were painted by brush using acrylic paint - Games Workshop brand Chaos Black to be exact.

The adhesion seems pretty good. I cleaned the flowers beforehand to get rid of any dust/dirt/grime. Where I occasionally globbed paint near the edge of a flower it seemed more susceptible to peeling off, but that’s to be expected.

I’m sure the flowers would show a little wear with repeated handling. I try to be as careful as possible when moving the LEGO mosaic around.

Full props go to Norbert, without whom I would have been completely lost in this task.