 Parts / Modification / * (-5)
Re: LifeLites and the Galaxy Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 00:29:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

snip

Yes, Rob’s pretty clever, all right. Tons of good stuff! I think the neatest thing (so far?) he’s cooked up is actually the joint project with BrickForge to make streetlights that work. He’s doing the electronics and BrickForge did a customized streetlight post that’s two halves, and that has side connectors too... it’s a lot like

except better! :)

Trimmed the FUT a bit.

I love the customized lighting stuff! Saw lots at BW2010--all inspiring!

Dave K

Re: LifeLites and the Galaxy Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.general, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 23:38:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, John Neal wrote:

snip

   Really cool, Dave! I have some Lifelites too, and I agree wholeheartedly that they are just brilliant. I would really encourage people to check out Rob’s product. (Shameless Plug) I mean, after all, if his ideas were good enough for The LEGO Company to copy, they must be pretty good! ;-)

CP’d to a few extra groups)

JOHN

Thanks for getting the link out there--I’m pretty bad in forgetting to do that...

Rob makes fantastic products and I think (and hope) the viewing audience’ll like the new OBB space layout with added lighting!

Dave K

Re: LifeLites and the Galaxy Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.general, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 15:45:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, John Neal wrote:

   Really cool, Dave! I have some Lifelites too, and I agree wholeheartedly that they are just brilliant. I would really encourage people to check out Rob’s product. (Shameless Plug) I mean, after all, if his ideas were good enough for The LEGO Company to copy, they must be pretty good! ;-)

Yes, Rob’s pretty clever, all right. Tons of good stuff! I think the neatest thing (so far?) he’s cooked up is actually the joint project with BrickForge to make streetlights that work. He’s doing the electronics and BrickForge did a customized streetlight post that’s two halves, and that has side connectors too... it’s a lot like

except better! :)

Trimmed the FUT a bit.

Re: LifeLites and the Galaxy Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.general, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.parts.mod, David Koudys wrote:
   I’ve been meaning to do this for way too long, but finally got to it--

My Flickr set of the Galaxy Explorer lit up--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/4800966464/in/set-72157624393783413/

Also put up a YouTube vid--

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sparky1701#p/a/u/0/u8G3QLGTaJw

There’ll be more when the finances warrant. THanks to Rob for making such a fantastic product!

Dave K

Really cool, Dave! I have some Lifelites too, and I agree wholeheartedly that they are just brilliant. I would really encourage people to check out Rob’s product. (Shameless Plug) I mean, after all, if his ideas were good enough for The LEGO Company to copy, they must be pretty good! ;-)

CP’d to a few extra groups)

JOHN

Subject:
LifeLites and the Galaxy Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:59:08 GMT

I’ve been meaning to do this for way too long, but finally got to it--

My Flickr set of the Galaxy Explorer lit up--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/4800966464/in/set-72157624393783413/

Also put up a YouTube vid--

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sparky1701#p/a/u/0/u8G3QLGTaJw

There’ll be more when the finances warrant. THanks to Rob for making such a fantastic product!

Dave K

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact