Subject:
January SMART meeting in two weeks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:36:11 GMT

The next SMART meeting is less than two weeks away. On January 31st we'll be
meeting in the Redmond Regional Library at 2pm. The mini-challenge is to build a
new robot that either manipulates crates or the small Lego soccer balls or
basketballs. The standard crate is shown here:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/David/SMART/Samples/10x10crate.gif>

This is the most free-form mini-challenge we've ever done. **Use your
imagination!**

If you would like to see what types of robots others have built, I just posted a
rather lengthy review of the Cooperative Cybernetic Crate Contraption
<http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/smart/?n=211>. Read about the robots, download
some pictures, and even some videos of what we've already done.

There will be several possible opportunities to put your new robots on display
in the next few months, if you are interested.

This will be our third anniversary! At the meeting, after our mini-challenge,
we'll have a short discussion about possible time or location changes for our
club.

I hope to see everyone at the meeting!

--
  David Schilling