Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:43:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
Yes, but it also applies if your team created two different kinds of
enchanted dk.gray swords, the Sword of Van-Damage and the Sword of the
Flaming Hemorrhoids.  And to be fair, I guess that means that once one is
used, it gets taken off the list, although I could easily go with the idea
that *any* time a dk.gary sword is found (using this example), you always
have a chance of getting any of the options.  So if there are 3 dk.gray
swords out there, there's three different enchantments that are possible,
but the reality is they could all be Swords of the Flaming Hemorrhoids.  I'd
be happy either way.

I like the idea that all effect are still possible. Adds sort of a
Schrodinger's-cat effect to the trooper who picks up an item. The only thing
is, doesn't that mess up the point spread? You can't construct items if
you're assigning random effects to them, can you?

Might it be better to come up with an Effects Chart with Small, Medium, and
Large Effects, so you open the chest, it's got a dk.grey sword and you roll
on the Med for it's effect, good, bad or ugly?

Or am I just not seeing this right?

-W