Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:03:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
So, just cuz I found myself wondering today... Game rules quickie summary (I
think):

Things we're decided on:
========================
- Tek Level 2 (Medieval)
- April 27th, 2003, Jonathan's place
- Shaun & Wayne crushing Joe & Jonathan and Dave & Dan & Jenn
- 1000 CP limit per *team*, not per player

Hmmmmm.  I'd been thinking 1000 CP per player ... do we definitely want to
avoid this?  On average, this would still come to at most 100 troops, assuming
you had all regular troopers.  Throw in heroes, horses, catapults, ballistae,
siege towers, and each person would have much less than that.  Is taht
acceptable, or do people definitely find that too high?

- 50 CP limit per living unit (no limit on seige weapons)
- Shaun will lose his mercy and clemency, and instead trounce the enemy with
the evil Wayne by his side.
- No ninjas allowed

Things we're sorta sure on:
==========================
- There's some sort of mountain/castle
- Quasi-random magic items scattered across the board somehow
- Jonathan's units will all be dead before the 3rd round starts
- Magic items permanently link themseleves to a unit until unit dies (except
wizard-type units)
- Magic items limited to 1 of each "type" per unit
- Some sorts of magic books/scrolls which do "something cool" only for
wizardly units
- Allow 1 champion per team

I guess I would subscribe to no champions per team - I'm sick of that lame-face
nitwit duck-walking chakram-tossing overcompensating butt-ugly she-wench.
Anything to keep her out of the game ...

Outvote me at will!

- "Something" is protecting an uber-cool sword somewhere on the board

Questions I still have:
=======================
- What's the SP limit per team (if any)?
- Is the ninja ability "Stealth" disallowed? (ditto Spider-Gymnastix)

I'd say definitely ... maybe the only exception I can envision would be as an
illusionary spell, but perhaps with some limitations?  Such as no duration is
allowed (so it would have to be cast each turn)?  And if the unit then attacks,
the illusion is destoyed for the rest of the turn?  Hey, that could be pretty
cool, actually ... it's expensive and costly to use, and goes away when one is
most vulnerable?  I dunno, maybe that works.  As a natural, ongoing effect ...
toss 'er out the the window :P

- Duration-rules mods? [1]
- Inanimate-object-animation rules mods? [2]

Both sound good to me ...

-s