Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 22:09:23 GMT

So, just cuz I found myself wondering today... Game rules quickie summary (I
think):

Things we're decided on:
========================
- Tek Level 2 (Medieval)
- April 27th, 2003, Jonathan's place
- Shaun & Wayne vs. Joe & Jonathan vs. Dave & Dan & Jenn
- 1000 CP limit per *team*, not per player
- 50 CP limit per living unit (no limit on seige weapons)
- Shaun will lose
- No ninjas allowed

Things we're sorta sure on:
==========================
- There's some sort of mountain/castle
- Quasi-random magic items scattered across the board somehow
- Jonathan's units will all be dead before the 3rd round starts
- Magic items permanently link themseleves to a unit until unit dies (except
  wizard-type units)
- Magic items limited to 1 of each "type" per unit
- Some sorts of magic books/scrolls which do "something cool" only for
  wizardly units
- Allow 1 champion per team
- "Something" is protecting an uber-cool sword somewhere on the board

Questions I still have:
=======================
- What's the SP limit per team (if any)?
- Is the ninja ability "Stealth" disallowed? (ditto Spider-Gymnastix)
- Duration-rules mods? [1]
- Inanimate-object-animation rules mods? [2]

DaveE

[1] - I liked Mike's idea wherein you roll multiple d6's on each turn per
"remaining duration", and any that come up with a '1' lose effect that turn.

[2] - Proposed: Pay 1 SP per blok-mass of the object you're animating, if
you plan on doing those sorts of sneaky things, to prevent people from, say,
animating the big castle containing the uber-sword and marching it towards
your troops, or jumping on top of enemy troops, forcing them to endure
ABS-crushing death.