Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:11:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
As mentioned earlier, this is a TL2 game utilizing magic.  Each being
utilizing SP, has an initial limit of 50 CP for the powers (once in battle,
there's nothing to stop a unit from picking up a magic item which
technically puts it over the 50 CP limit).  Additionally, each army is
allotted 1000 CP.  The game is scheduled for Sunday, April 27.

Wow.  This is one of the longest (and most entertaining) threads I've
noticed in the .nelug group.  I honestly haven't read it all yet, so forgive
me if my questions are repeats...  I will try to be brief...

1. Where do you guys play?
2. About how long is a game?
3. How hard is it for someone with BW-Rules-o-phobia to be involved?
4. Is it normal for a first-timer to be a mere spectator?
5. How does one keep track of different builder's contributions to the
display (so as to avoid someone leaving precious ABS behind)?

I ask all this, because one of these times I would like to check it out.
April 27th is a *big maybe* for me.  My calendar tends to get filled about
six weeks in advance (unfortunately for these sorts of events).  But, the
discussion about some things has my interest (okay, okay, mostly I just hope
to see some plague-cows).  Also, if not for this event, perhaps another, but
I do have a handful of siege weapons built that might be of use (six
trebuchets, a dozen ballistae (sp?), and a few other odd little things (all
at mini-fig scale of course, and no they don't actually fire, but look cool,
IMO).

Anyhoo, I thought I'd ask and comment rather than sit out here in the
forgotten west and not say anything.  :D

-Hendo