 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 320
Re: Any NCLTC/LUG members living in Franklin, NC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:03:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Cary Clark wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Steven D. Weiser wrote:
I will be moving to Franklin, N. Carolina in March or April of 2005 and was
wondering if any members live in that area. I'd like to get in touch by the time
I make the move.

Steven Weiser

The western-most AFOL I've met in North Carolina is Thomas Main in Boone. Your
best bet may be to try the North Georgia folks since it is far closer. I don't
know if there's an 'NGLUG', but there is an NGLTC.  http://www.ngltc.org

Cary

Steven,
no problem here, except you need to get through the mountains in GA to get down
towards us (sometimes a bit of a pain).  Even if you want to do NGLTC and NCLTC
stuff, I don't see a problem.  It's not like clubs are competing for people--as
I recall, there's quite a few of us in multiple clubs.

If you want, join the NGLTC yahoo newsgroup and you can start from there.  If
you like more than trains, you can also join the DixieLUG newsgroup as well.

Scott Lyttle